I really like the slipped and twisted stitches, and I think the pattern would be great to adapt for a knitted hat.
Yarn: Lily Sugar’n Cream Cottage Twists and Sugar’n Cream Ecru
Needle: Size 8
- sl1K = slip one stitch knitwise
- sl1P = slip one stitch purlwise
Knit Washcloths Pattern:
- Cast on 47 stitches of color A.
- Row 1: (WS) Using color A, purl entire row.
- Row 2: Using color B, K3, *sl1K, K3, repeat from * to end.
- Row 3: Using color B, P3, *sl1P, P3, repeat from * to end.
- Row 4: Using color B, same as row 2.
- Row 5: Using color B, purl entire row.
- Row 6: Using color A, same as row 2.
- Row 7: Using color A, same as row 3.
- Row 8: Using color A, same as row 2.
- Repeat these eight rows.
- Bind off on a Row 4.
My finished cloths have 8 stripes of the ecru and 7 stripes of the cottage twists yarn.
You might like these knitted washcloth patterns too: