Materials for Stuffed and Stitched Paper Valentines:
- Scrapbook paper (with a printed design on both sides)
- Embroidery thread (do not separate – use all 6 strands)
- Embroidery needle (a thimble may come in handy too)
- Glue gun with glue sticks
- Polyester fiber fill
- Heart shapes template
- Use the template to cut out hearts. One sheet of scrapbook paper should allow you to make 3 stuffed hearts, one large and two small. You’ll cut out two large hearts and four small hearts.
- For all: place two heart shapes together and proceed to blanket stitch around the edges. About 1.5 inches from completing the round, take a bit of fiber fill and stuff the heart. Don’t over stuff. Make sure filling reaches all areas of the heart. When you’ve completed stuffing the valentine heart, continue with blanket stitching on paper to the end.
- Use ribbon to make bows and attach the bows with hot glue.
Please follow and like us: