I like crocheting, rather than knitting blankets for babies and adults, because crocheting is so much faster. This is a cluster stitch crochet baby blanket. The cluster stitch creates a lovely lace-like look.
Here’s a video on how to crochet the cluster stitch.
- Hook 5.5mm
- Yarn: Deborah Norville Everyday Worsted – Pill Free – Snow White
Cluster Stitch Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern:
- Chain 84 (multiple of 3)
- Row 1: Make the first cluster in the 5th chain from the hook. the first 3 chains count as a double crochet. Work a V cluster part 1, chain 2, work V cluster part 2 in the same chain space. Skip 2 chains, work a V cluster in the next chain – repeat across. Double crochet in the last double crochet. (You should have 27 clusters.)
- Row 2: Chain 3, turn, work a V cluster in each chain 2 space (that’s the center of the previous clusters) across. Finish with a double crochet in the last stitch which is chain 3 of the previous row.
- Repeat for length of project.*
- For border, double crochet around entire blanket with 2 double crochet stitches in the corners. If doing this again, I’d make the border more substantial by adding another row of stitches and a picot or scalloped edge. You can do this too.
*Note: My finished blanked is 30 x 35 inches.