For this project I used two scrubbies/puffs, sanitized them with bleach, and then I knitted them together. Here are instructions for you to do the same.
- Take apart your scrubbies/puffs
- Place them in a lingerie bag and wash them in the machine with detergent and a little bleach to sanitize them.
- Remove from washer and hang to dry.
Knit New Scrubbie/Puff:
- Tools: Size 15 knitting needles and scissors
- Cast on 10 stitches
- Knit every row
- Add second scrubbie/puff fiber as you would add a new color of yarn to a scarf
- Continue knitting
- Bind off
You can also crochet a new scrubbie/puff.
The size of this finished scrubbie/puff is 5.5 x4 inches.
I can think of lots of other uses too. Be creative and happy recycling!