I can’t claim recycling bath scrubbies/puffs is an original idea. Salihan gets that credit, but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Here I’ve taken two scrubbies/puffs and knitted them together. Here are instructions for you to do the same.
- Take apart your scrubbies/puffs
- Place them in a lingerie bag and wash them in the machine. Along with the detergent, add a little bleach to sanitize them.
- Remove from washer and hang to dry.
Knit New Scrubbie/Puff:
- Tools: Size 15 knitting needles and scissors
- Cast on 10 stitches
- Knit every row
- Add second scrubbie/puff fiber as you would add a new color of yarn to a scarf
- Continue knitting
- Bind off
- Note: you can also crochet a new scrubbie/puff
The size of this finished scrubbie/puff is 5.5 x4 inches.
I use my recycled puff for scouring the bath tub. I can think of lots of other uses too. Be creative and happy recycling!