It’s been quite a while since I’ve done this and I thought today it might be fun. You can find a free association meme at Unconscious Mutterings every week. My responses are in blue. Go grab the code for the meme at the link above and give it a try.
- Help :: The Beatles
- Close :: Open
- Start over :: Begin
- Dirt :: Clean
- Kilometer :: Mile
- Speedy :: Gonzalez
- Shop :: Buy
- Trumpet :: Horn
- Dog :: Cat
- Canoe :: Boat
Here is another meme I picked up from anniegirl1138. My answers in blue.
1. If your life was a romantic comedy, where would it be set? Santa Fe, New Mexico
2. Standing up or lying down? Context – subjective. Standing up.
3. Which Star Trek era would you live in – provided that Star Trek was real and time travel was real and … you know … it was a geeky thing to contemplate even in the abstraction of a meme? Prequel? Original? or Next Generation? Deep Space Nine
4. Shower or bath? Bath
5. Current event that most affects your actual life? The Great Recession
6. Celebrity crush? (celebrity being relative) Steve Buscemi
7. Do you read the novel or wait for the film version? Read the novel.
8. Bottled water or tap? Bottled (I recycle)
9. How prepared are you for the next Armageddon (keeping in mind that “the end of the world” is also relative and subjective in our modern times)? Bring it on.
10. If you could claim citizenship anywhere on the planet, where would it be and why? United Kingdom because I’m an Anglophile.
Well, I haven’t done this for awhile and I thought it would be fun. Here goes.
- Nutritious :: Unhealthy
- Graduate :: Flunk
- Tonight! :: Tomorrow!
- Located :: Found
- Weapon :: Gun
- Jumper :: Cable
- Collectibles :: Dolls
- Dennis :: Menace
- Hostile :: Fire
- Vivid :: Clear
You can try this to. Just visit Unconscious Mutterings to pick up empty code.
I picked up this meme at MadSilence.
Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. (No cheating!)
Beeing: Life, Motherhood, and 180,000 Honeybees by Rosanne Daryl Thomas
This is a fabulous book! I’ve kept it at my desk because I’ve wanted to mention it in a blog post. I never thought it would be this one. I’m fascinated by bees. I’d also advise you to read “Stung,” an article by Elizabeth Kolbert found in the August 6, 2007 issue of The New Yorker. Or stop by www.newyorker.com to see a video about Elizabeth’s hanging hive. Also, be sure to read a special report in the Nov-Jan 2007/08 issue of Organic Gardening titled “Bee Crisis.” Learn simple things you can do in your garden to help your native bee population. Begin with a search for a list of conservation websites and publications that will advise you on how to sustain your native bee population. Save the bees!
Find Page 123. Find the first 5 sentences, but post the next 3 sentences.
He beckoned. I followed him down a row of wheelbarrows. “Here. The cart of your dreams.”
Tag 5 people.
Really, it’s up to you if you want to participate. Let me know if you’ve posted on this meme in the comments section. I’d like to learn what you’re reading!
I’ve been tagged by Flowers on a Friday.
- I like fancy bar soaps.
- I used to enjoy rides like the Ferris Wheel, the swings, and anything that put me into the air. Now, those same rides terrify me.
- I don’t like fancy chocolates or cocktails.
- I’m a bit of a hermit.
- I love fresh, hot tortilla chips and guacamole. Mmmm.
- If I could be an animal, I’d choose to be a dolphin.
- I don’t care to converse about the weather, sports, or weekend activities with casual acquaintances. The social ritual of small talk in elevators, stairwells, reception areas, bathrooms, etc. is really a nuisance. I like deep conversations with close friends.
1. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
2. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
I leave it up to you, my visitors, to decide if you want to participate. If you do, leave a comment and I’ll add a link to your site.
Tagged by Flowers on a Friday -
- I like very bright colors. Beige depresses me.
- I have at least 15 pairs of reading glasses, and I can never find a pair when I need them.
- I rearrange the furniture when I clean house.
- Cold, rainy days make me happy.
- I’m currently in desperate need of a haircut, manicure, and pedicure.
- My great talent is sitting around doing nothing. I muse.
- I don’t wear any kind of cologne or perfume. I like the fresh smell of soap.
- I only like chocolate and vanilla ice cream. None of that fancy stuff for me.
- I don’t like slugs or snails. They give me the shivers. Bugs with exoskeletons are preferred.
- Home is my ideal vacation spot.
If you’ve happened upon this meme, and want to participate, do the following:
- Link to your tagger and post these rules.
- List 10 random facts about yourself.
- Tag 10 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blog.
The Friday Fill-In meme can be found at Fond of Snape.
1. I think therefore I am.
2. I desire a Krispy Kreme doughnut.
3. What if pigs could fly?
4. The best thing about Friday is that Saturday follows.
5. When will I get that million dollar check?
6. The best thing that happened to me so far this week is I finished reading The Kite Runner.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to soundly sleeping, tomorrow my plans include returning the DVR box to Time Warner Cable and Sunday, I want to do nothing!
- Darling :: Dear
- Majesty :: King
- Pebble :: Rock
- Fate :: Death
- Instant :: Second
- Screen :: Video
- Unplugged :: Plugged
- Dairy :: Farmer
- Benefactor :: Giver
- Market :: Industry
You can free associate too. Get your associations here.