I decided that I didn’t want to use an avatar someone else had created when I had the stuff to create my own. I should have done this ages ago, but you know life happens. You can create something similar by following these steps:
- Draw a perfectly square box (e.g., 2″x2″)
- Fill the box with a design using whatever media you like (marker, pen, colored pencil, watercolors, etc.)
- Scan the completed drawing and then import it into Photoshop for editing
- Apply filters, modify contrast and brightness, modify colors, etc. Get creative.
- When you have something you like, re-size your image to 90×90 pixels, and then save it for web and web devices.