My son loves this dish and has since he was old enough to complain about what goes on his plate. Often I make this and flaky biscuits with butter and marmalade for a two-person meal. It’s a great side, but it can be a meal all by itself. If you like it as much as we do, you’ll make it a meal.
Ingredients needed for the best spinach recipe:
- 4 slices bacon ( I use Pederson’s Uncured Apple Smoked Bacon. The fat is clear and doesn’t smoke. Additionally, the flavor is awesome.)
- 1 large shallot (If you don’t have a shallot, a whole small red onion is good too.)
- 1/4 c. red wine (I use whatever I have on hand.)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of light brown sugar
- A handful of dried cranberries (I don’t measure, I grab.)
- 1 5-oz package of baby spinach (Pre-washed. Nothing is more tedious than washing spinach. I use Earthbound Farm Organic.)
When the spinach is at this stage, it’s ready to eat!
I hope you’ll give this recipe a try. If you do, let me know if you were satisfied or not.